Tuesday 29 May 2012

Games hype

It seems as if half the country is already sick to death of the games taking place in London (and other venues) later this summer. The draconian IP-style protection given to the event's own signs, compounded by the ludicrous degree of protection given to the main sponsors, is a huge turn-off. Such a pity, as the sporting events will be wonderful and I will enjoy watching many of them - on the television.

What I will not enjoy doing is trying to get to work. At Paddington the other evening I was offered a leaflet explaining alternative forms of transport (which, in the modern age, include Shanks's pony), but I prefer to telecommute if I can. Thanks to this excellent piece by Philip Stephens in the FT I now understand that this is what the powers-that-be want me to do.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online