Tuesday 28 June 2011

How to cite a podcast

Obviously a matter of interest to me - and other legal podcasters. Rex Gradeless (Social Media Law Student) reports that the Blue Book would be addressing this in its 19th edition - which was due out in a week after he wrote the post, so by the time I have caught up with it has probably been out for a month.

19th? I am still going by the second-hand copy of the 14th that I picked up at that legendary institution, Shorey's bookstore in Seattle (once renowned as both the oldest bookstore west of the Mississippi River and "the world's largest antiquarian bookstore", probably my favourite shop in the world, which sadly closed in about 2000: see here for more from the superbly-named Post-Intelligencer - but seems to have reopened a few miles to the north) for $6 - copyright date 1986, formerly the property of Christensen O'Connor Johnson & Kindness. Out of date it might be, but it has served me well and will continue to do so - a pity more English lawyers don't use it - or more to the point the Oxford Standard for Citation Of Legal Authorities which surely ought to be more widely known about and which I am going to add to the links on this site immediately.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online